FlexClub is a marketplace that makes it easy for anyone to buy, rent and sell cars in the gig economy. Our platform brings together investors looking to unlock access to car ownership for people dedicated to gig platforms like Uber to earn a living.
We fully manage all aspects of the rental, ensuring investors club members can remain completely passive and enjoy hassle-free monthly rental income, while creating a path to car ownership for drivers club members excluded by traditional asset finance.
We’re backed by pioneering VCs and respected business leaders, to fuel our aspirations of redefining asset finance for the gig economy in emerging markets.
Does the prospect of writing a new future for asset finance in the gig economy get you excited?
Senior PHP / Fullstack developer
We are one of the first companies internationally to have access to Uber's API. Also integrating with telematics and vehicle data companies to build a data-driven fleet management solution. Working towards a building a gig worker creditscore based on machine learning. We're exploring blockchain as a way tokenise vehicle investments. This job is remote but we prefer people living in Cape Town, South Africa.
Plan, develop, test, ship, monitor and maintain web applications, microservices and servers. Help us build out a monolithic platform to a service mesh architecture.
Debian Linux / Nginx / PHP 7+ / Redis / Postgres / Bootstrap / React, hosted on DigitalOcean. Moving to Microservices, Kubernetes & Istio.
- Proactive, eager to learn and interested in taking ownership of your work
- 6+ years of professional experience in PHP programming
- Laravel 5+
- Experience with Linux and Bash scripting
- Experience setting up web servers
- Postgres (or similar SQL database)
- Messaging / Queues
- Git (BitBucket)
Nice to have
- Domain Driven Design
- Experience with Marketplaces, IOT, Financial
- Experience with internationalization and localisation
- Docker / Kubernetes / Istio
- Data analysis / Machine Learning / Statistics
- Marketplaces, IOT, Financial experience
- Startup environment that offers the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and shape the direction of the company as we grow internationally
- Stock options allowing you to become a true owner in the business
- Work remotely in Cape Town, South Africa
- Culture and Tech interview with CTO and/or other team members
- At home code test - build a simple project after hours
- Second interview - project code review
- Call with the founders
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Operations Coordinator
About the Role
If you routinely make lemonade out of thin air (forget lemons) and are known for getting things done, with incredible abilities for dissecting complex processes or working analytical magic in spreadsheets, then this Business Operations Coordinator role could be the new home for your talent. Operations Coordinators report to Business Operations Managers to deliver on solving some of the most strategic problems for our global operations at FlexClub.
This person will work to ensure the company achieves its most strategic goals by supporting data-centric decision-making and excellent project management. This requires a commitment to understanding the objectives and processes of all departments, managing projects from end-to-end, be data-driven, and opting for a problem-solving mindset. This role also calls for highly adaptable profiles that are keen to learn on a daily basis, able to push new initiatives independently and communicate efficiently on challenges encountered.
What You’ll Do
- Business Operations: work closely with the BizOps Manager to identify and challenge the most strategic projects of the company, take ownership, track progress and deliver.
- Data obsession: work with the Tech and Ops teams to ensure data is readily available and usable for regular business dashboards or ad-hoc analysis.
- Project management: support the team with excellent project management skills and a positive ‘get things done’ attitude.
- Participate in helping other departments achieve their goals when needed. That will include Product Management, Marketing, Club and Fleet Ops, Sales, Finance and Tech.
- Support the business by transforming daily Operations challenges into technicalsolutions by communicating efficiently with the Product Manager and/or the CTO on the customers’ and internal team’s pain-points.
- Verbal communication: in this role, you would assist with local fleet relationships, engage regularly with drivers and investors club members, test and implement tools that support operational excellence and improve the company’s processes.
- Business operations growth: collaborate with the Global Business Operations team to develop and execute strategic growth initiatives.
- Product Testing: test all new internal product features and provide feedback to the product team.
What you’ll need
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office or GSuite (preferred), specifically with spreadsheets.
- SQL proficiency would be a big plus.
- Structured and data-centric approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to understand, analyse and deliver reports on large datasets.
- Ability to be a team player, identify challenges and propose solutions.
- Multi-tasking. You are great at multi-tasking and executing simultaneous projects and activities without compromising on quality. You can prioritize high impact activities to keep projects moving forward.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment (be an owner).
- Willingness to get involved in all parts of the operations.
- Fluency in English.
- If you love cars and tech… you’ll love this universe.
Apply for the role by sending your CV to email@example.com and use your name + “Business Operations Coordinator - South Africa” as your subject.